49 réponses à ce sujet

#16 pix

pix

Force Verte

• Indie Rock Mag
  • 3236 messages

Posté 10 December 2005 - 17:16

pas encore.

par contre, les Strokes feront partie de la prochaine émission "La Musicale" sur Canal +.
les invités étaient Robbie Williams, Texas, The Strokes, Richard Ashcroft et El Pres!dente.
je le sais, j'y étais, et même que c'était bien. :P

The Strokes ont joué 4 chansons il me semble.
dès que j'ai la date de diffusion, i tell you. ;)

#17 Laloshif

Laloshif

Membre assidu

• Membres
  • 271 messages

Posté 11 December 2005 - 02:33

Ok merci! :yes:

#18 pix

pix

Force Verte

• Indie Rock Mag
  • 3236 messages

Posté 15 December 2005 - 00:46

toujours pas de news sur une éventuelle tournée française, mais La Musicale avec The Strokes devrait être diffusée le 20 janvier sur canal +. ;)

#19 zitoun

zitoun

Membre actif

• Membres
  • 195 messages

Posté 03 March 2006 - 00:02

March 02, 2006
Strokes/Eagles Of Death Metal @ Hammerstein Ballroom 3/1/06

Firstly, congratulations to our Strokestakes winner, Dennis Jen. Unfortunately, it turned out he wouldn't be in town tomorrow night, so his friend Andy Cedilnik gets the prize package (autographed everything, tickets, etc) and owes him forever. If tomorrow night's show is anything like last night's, he's in for an amazing time.

Launching into the palm-muted syncopation of "You Only Live Once", The Strokes kicked off their tour with a confident exuberance tonight that, unlike the uneven First Impressions of Earth, never lost stride or focus. Having seen them move from small clubs to successively larger theaters, I've found the band's struggle to convey its abundant charm to be a function of venue size. Perhaps it was the dramatic "Speed Of Sound"-styled trembling light towers, the enthusiastic, fist-pumping crowd, or the ever-improving musicianship of the band, but tonight the Strokes were built for the size of Hammerstein Ballroom.

Seeing Julian these days is a testament to the effect of matrimony and (relative) sobriety. Newly slim (and utterly coherent!), I counted no less than five statements of gratitude through general talkative excitement, framing his committed and impassioned performance. Discarding the previously ubiquitous distorted vocal effect has symbolized Julian's newfound willingness to be available to his audience, and has further revealed a nakedly effective rock voice. His scream -- albeit a marvelous weapon -- did seem to take a toll, evident in the slight strain of the synth duet "Ask Me Anything," and again as he spoke at the evening's close (posing a potential issue for deep in the tour). There's no secret in the sauce here, though: as goes Julian, so go the Strokes, and having replaced indifference with appreciation has made loving this band's every move that much more enjoyable.

The rest of the guys cut a preternaturally stunning image, each member's aesthetic distinct from the group. Once a source of weakness, the rhythm work of the "Fab and Fraiture Show" is now muscularly taut. The guitarists continue to work perfectly in concert: Nic Valensi's new role as gunslinger suits his look, each solo delivered with an effortless yet substantial beauty. Albert Hammond Jr. prods and jerks to the inflections of his jagged rhythm work. With maturity injecting even their classic material with new vitality, the band's dedicated workmanship was apparent and impressive.

As we've seen, a band's setlist can be an issue of contention. No worries tonight, however. The Strokes perfectly chose and sequenced twenty-three songs, pacing six First Impressions standouts throughout a crowd pleasing, Is This It-based set. Predictably raucous cuts like "Last Nite" saw spikes in audience enthusiasm, as the crowd surfers (and girls-on-shoulders) arose. The set also featured The Ramones' "Life Is A Gas," to be released as the B-side of the UK "Heart In A Cage" single. As with any great band performing a cover, the tune managed to sound like a classic Strokes song, a concurrent testament to The Strokes' ability and The Ramones influence.

Casablancas & Co. consistently choose to travel with incredible acts, from the The White Stripes to Kings of Leon, and this tour is no exception. Eagles of Death Metal persuaded early attendance (a smattering of their fans and Strokes die-hards) to cheer for "the ladies" after every deliciously raunchy and fuzz-box drenched cut. Gone was the compressed EQ of Eagles of Death Metal's studio work, replaced with the thunderous, ambidextrous drum kit assault of Samantha Maloney, who joined Jesse "The Devil" Hughes as the band's driving force. Jesse's skin-tight jeans and t-shirt -- accented by a long stache and aviators -- completed the image of a libidinously creepy truck stop Casanova, and his three minute garage rock gems were performed to laughter inducing perfection.

You'll be hard pressed to find yourself at a better show this season. This tour may not convert the unacquainted, but it will definitely inspire unflagging loyalty. Haters be damned. The Strokes fucking rock.

Head over to Village Indian for more concert pics & reviews.

THE STROKES SETLIST:
You Only Live Once
Modern Age
Hawaii
Juice Box
The End Has No End
12:51
Heart In A Cage
Razorblade
Soma
I Can't Win
Life Is A Gas
Alone Together
Last Nite
Hard To Explain
Ize Of The World
Trying Your Luck
Barely Legal
Ask Me Anything
Vision Of Division
Reptila

Encore:
NYC Cops
Someday
Take It Or Leave It

Ouhaaaaa, ça donne envie !
Quand je pense qu'un type a gagné des places pour le concert du 3 mars au Hammerstein Ballroom offertes par les gars de ce blog (avec un single et un poster dédicacés)... :bye:

I've got the poison, the poisonnnnnnnn, and I want more !

Image IPB Image IPB

#20 caribou

caribou

Géo Trouvetout

• Administrateur
  • 10651 messages
  • Love:Pixies | The Smiths
  • Hate:Se lever le matin

Posté 03 March 2006 - 12:30

Et les strokes aux eurockéennes ... on le note ici ?

#21 Mykeul

Mykeul

Indierockforum Team

• Indie Rock Fanatic
  • 591 messages
  • Interests:JDR (sur table), Jeux de stratégies (sur table ou via internet &quot;PBEM&quot;), bouquiner (mais du SF ou HF), Musique (rock, indies, electro, ...)<br />Aucun sport : la raison est simple, suis contre le muscle ca fait toujours mal qu'en t'en chope un :o)

Posté 24 March 2006 - 15:47

Pour les Strokes en France, c'est le 29 Juin 2006 au Zenith de Paris.

Et j'y serais ! :)

Ouai, c'est sur que bon le Zenith... enfin ils passent pas ailleurs (pour ce que j'ai vue) et j'aimerais quand même bien les voir !
Une bonne partie de la population ne fait aucun effort de réflexion, et ce n'est pas parti pour s'arranger. Alors ou bien on lutte pour une cause perdue et on y perd sa santé, ou bien on essaie de prendre les choses comme elles sont et de s'y faire. (Franck Zappa)
Image IPB

#22 lloyd_cf

lloyd_cf

Edukator, l'homme-Bescherelle

• Indie Rock Mag
  • 3674 messages
  • Love:Les murs de son
  • Hate:Murat, Animal Collective & Perry Blake

Posté 24 March 2006 - 18:03

Bon, ça suffit maintenant, je vais faire mon lourd en orthographe, mais cette faute (que je vois trop souvent) me gave. Si tu es sûr d'y être, tu le dis au futur simple. Donc tu écris: "j'y serai", la terminaison -ais n'existant qu'au présent du conditionnel.

Que je ne vous y reprenne plus :P :lol:
Life is unfair: Kill yourself or get over it.

#23 iansich

iansich

Administrateur

• Indie Rock Mag
  • 4549 messages
  • Interests:Musique, Internet, Ski, Randonnée.

Posté 24 March 2006 - 18:43

Bon, ça suffit maintenant, je vais faire mon lourd en orthographe, mais cette faute (que je vois trop souvent) me gave. Si tu es sûr d'y être, tu le dis au futur simple. Donc tu écris: "j'y serai", la terminaison -ais n'existant qu'au présent du conditionnel.

Que je ne vous y reprenne plus :P :lol:

Faute que je commet souvent également :) Merci pour la règle :peace:

#24 Mykeul

Mykeul

Indierockforum Team

• Indie Rock Fanatic
  • 591 messages
  • Interests:JDR (sur table), Jeux de stratégies (sur table ou via internet &quot;PBEM&quot;), bouquiner (mais du SF ou HF), Musique (rock, indies, electro, ...)<br />Aucun sport : la raison est simple, suis contre le muscle ca fait toujours mal qu'en t'en chope un :o)

Posté 27 March 2006 - 10:11

Et j'y serai ! :bye:

:P
Une bonne partie de la population ne fait aucun effort de réflexion, et ce n'est pas parti pour s'arranger. Alors ou bien on lutte pour une cause perdue et on y perd sa santé, ou bien on essaie de prendre les choses comme elles sont et de s'y faire. (Franck Zappa)
Image IPB

#25 lynseyrock

lynseyrock

Membre omniprésent

• Membres
  • 332 messages

Posté 23 April 2006 - 16:54

moi aussi j'ai mes places pour le 29 juin.. et je voudrais savoir si on sait qui sera la premiere partie????
"Mieux vaut être Belle et Re(-)belle que moche et re-moche..."... dixit un bon pote ;)

"jusqu'à l'arrivée du rock, le monde n'avait aucune réalité." John Lennon

"I'm not a musician. I'm an artist! !" Bob Hardy

'la vie peut etre triste mais elle est toujours belle " Johnny Borrell ...

#26 bodyinflight

bodyinflight

Indie Rock Fanatic

• Indie Rock Fanatic
  • 1621 messages

Posté 12 May 2006 - 14:32

The Strokes à Nice le 18 juillet :o:

#27 lynseyrock

lynseyrock

Membre omniprésent

• Membres
  • 332 messages

Posté 09 June 2006 - 13:10

pour le premiere partie ya une rumeur qui préssent les dirty pretty things !!!
"Mieux vaut être Belle et Re(-)belle que moche et re-moche..."... dixit un bon pote ;)

#28 lynseyrock

lynseyrock

Membre omniprésent

• Membres
  • 332 messages

Posté 29 June 2006 - 11:07

j'ai entendu dire que la première partie serait Eagles of Death Metal.. voilà!! ça risque de bouger pas mal ce soir... :P

#29 Pr Finley McGordon Jr

Pr Finley McGordon Jr

Indie Rock Fanatic

• Indie Rock Mag
  • 811 messages

Posté 30 June 2006 - 10:14

Ouche, bin c'était quand même pas terrible.

#30 aleceiffel

aleceiffel

Membre

• Membres
  • 54 messages

Posté 30 June 2006 - 14:21

Parait que le son etait a chier sauf sur les 3 dernières, c'est vrai ca ?
"Il faut pas brûler la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir vendue ! " Abdeslam Ouaddou

0 utilisateur(s) li(sen)t ce sujet

0 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s)